The WMEU(SOC) pistol, ("Marine Expeditionary Unit"; "Special Operations Capable") officially designated the M45 MEUSOC, is a magazine-fed, recoil-operated, single-action, semi-automatic pistol chambered for the .45 ACP cartridge. It is based on the original M1911 design by John Browning, and has been the standard-issue side arm for the Force Recon Element of the United States Marine Corps' Marine Expeditionary Units since 1985.
In 2012, the Colt Rail Gun, another derivative of the M1911, was adopted by the USMC and designated as the M45A1 Close Quarter Battle Pistol (CQBP), a direct successor to the MEU(SOC).
Insurgency: Modern Infantry Combat
The MEU SOC 1911 is a pistol featured in Insurgency: Modern Infantry Combat. It can be only equipped either by using cheats or playing on custom servers.
[Edit]Weapons of Insurgency: Modern Infantry Combat
|United States Marine Corps||Iraqi Insurgents|
|Carbines||M4A1||AKS-74U • SKS|
|Assault rifles||M16A4||AK-47 • L1A1 SLR|
|Light machine guns||M249 SAW||RPK-74|
|Sniper rifles||M14 DMR||Al-Kadesiah • L42A1|
|Pistols||M9 Pistol • MEU SOC 1911||Makarov PM|
The M45A1 is a pistol featured in Insurgency. It first became available in the December 12, 2014 content update. The weapon is exclusive to the Security Forces. The M45A1's stats are identical to the M1911.
The M45A1 has the highest damage output and recoil of all pistols. It also features the smallest pistol magazine capacity. Considering these factors, the M45 is best suited for close range combat. It may be equipped with a suppressor and a flashlight or laser sight.
As of October 27, 2015, an extended magazines attachment was added. It added 8 rounds to the total capacity of the M45A1, going from 7+1 rounds to 15+1 rounds. With the cost of two supply points, the attachment bridges the gap between the high capacity M9 and the high damage M45A1's .45 ACP cartridge.
|Weapons of Insurgency|
|Security Forces||Insurgent Forces|
|Submachine guns||MP5K • UMP-45||MP40 • Sterling|
|Carbines||AC-556 • Mk18 • M4A1||M1 Carbine • SKS • AKS-74U|
|Assault rifles||M16A4 • Galil SAR||AKM • AK-74 • Galil|
|Battle rifles||L1A1 SLR • M14 EBR||FAL|
|Light machine guns||M249||RPK|
|Handguns||Makarov • M45A1 • M9||Makarov • Model 10 • M1911|
The M45 is a pistol featured in Insurgency: Sandstorm.
|Weapons of Insurgency: Sandstorm|
|Security Forces||Insurgent Forces|
|Submachine guns||MP7 • MP5A5 • Grease Gun||Uzi • MP5A2 • Sterling|
|Carbines||G36K • Mk 18 CQBR • M4A1||SKS • AKS-74U|
|Assault rifles||M16A4 • L85A2 • VHS-2 • Galil SAR • Honey Badger • AUG A3 • QTS-11||AKM • M16A2 • AK-74 • Alpha AK • QBZ-03 • Galil • AS Val • FAMAS F1 • QBZ-97|
|Battle rifles||Mk 17 Mod 0 • G3A3 • Mk 14 EBR • Tavor 7||FAL • ACE 52|
|Machine guns||M249 • M240B||PKM • MG3|
|Sniper rifles||M24 • M110 SASS||Mosin-Nagant • SVD • M1 Garand|
|Anti-materiel rifles||M82A1 CQ||M99|
|Handguns||Tariq • M45 • L106A1 • PF940 • M9 • MR 73||Makarov • Browning HP • M1911 • Welrod • Desert Eagle|
- The in-game models for the M45 in Insurgency: Modern Infantry Combat and Insurgency video games are based on the M45 MEUSOC pistol (with the latter game incorrectly designating the weapon as an "M45A1"), while the model from Insurgency: Sandstorm is based on the M45A1 CQBP (strangely designated as an "M45").
- Before December 19 update, the in-game model was simply a retexture of the Insurgents' M1911.
- Also some update later, the designation was changed from "M45" to "M45A1."
- The M45 has a unique empty reload animation that shows the player inserting the magazine through the ejection port. The game files also indicate that the M45 is the only pistol in the game to have a secret reload.
- A very similar empty reload animation exists for Day of Infamy's M1911.
- Benjamin Turtell, an animator at New World Interactive, may have created this reload as a reference to one of his comedic reload animations uploaded to his Youtube channel, Mrbrightside. The animation depicts one of his characters loading a magazine through a personified IWI Desert Eagle's ejection port.