"Underbarrel single shot grenade launcher that uses 40mm smoke rounds."
— In-game description
The Explosive Launcher is a underbarrel attachment featured in Insurgency: Sandstorm. It is exclusive to the Demolitions class, although the Marksman's M1 Garand has the option to attach an explosive launcher in co-op modes.
The arming distance for the grenades is about 30 meters. Shooting an enemy point blank with the grenade will not cause it to detonate, but will certainly kill them.
- The launcher featured on the FAMAS F1, M16A2, M16A4, and M4A1 is the M203 grenade launcher.
- Specifically, the M16A2 uses the original M203, the M16A4 and M4A1 use the M203A2, and the FAMAS F1 uses the RM Equipment M203PI with an extended trigger that allows it to be reached from under the main trigger of the rifle.
- The launcher featured on the AK-74 and AKM is the GP-25.
- The launcher featured on the M1 Garand is the M7 rifle grenade launcher, and when equipped adds an M15 auxilliary sight on the left side of the wooden stock for aiming the grenades.
- As it is attached to the muzzle of the rifle, equipping it in game prevents the user from attaching a Flash Hider or Suppressor. Despite this, since it is technically classified as an underbarrel upgrade, the Garand is also unable to equip other underbarrel accessories when it is equipped.
- The M7 in game is probably based on the later models (A1, A2, or A3) since it still allows the rifle to fire in semi-automatic when attached.
- In the game, the rifle incorrectly cycles when firing the grenade. This would be impossible in real life, as the M7 blocks the gas port when a grenade is attached. The rifle should instead functio as a straight-pull bolt-action rifle.
- The launcher featured on the QBZ-97 is the Type 91 QLG-91B grenade launcher.
- It is known in game as the GP-25, likely due to a bug.
- In real life, the Type 91 is meant to fire 35mm non-lethal grenades. However, it is plausible that Security Forces have access to custom high-explosive grenades for this launcher in the game.
- The launcher featured on the AUG A3 is the Steyr GL 40.
- It is incorrectly known in the game as the M320, which is a different grenade launcher developed by Heckler & Koch.
- The launcher featured on the G36K is the H&K AG36.
- It is also incorrectly known in the game as the M320, which is a different grenade launcher by H&K, although the design is similar.
- The launcher featured on the VHS-2 is the HS Produkt VHS-BG, and is known in-game as the VHS-2-GL.
- When this attachment is equipped on the QTS-11, it uses its internal grenade launcher.
- Because it is technically classified as an underbarrel upgrade, equipping the launcher does not allow the QTS-11 to equip other underbarrel options, despite the launcher being on top of the rifle.
- For some reason, it is known in game as the M7 (which is what the M1 Garand uses), likely due to a bug.