The designated marksman (DM) is a military marksman role in an infantry squad. The DM's role is to supply rapid accurate fire on enemy targets at ranges up to 500 meters (550 yd) with a rifle capable of semi-automatic fire called a designated marksman rifle (DMR) equipped with a telescopic sight. Like snipers, DMs are trained in quick and precise shooting, but unlike the more specialized "true" sniper, they are also attached to an infantry fireteam and intended to lay down accurate rapid fire at valuable targets as needed, thus extending the reach of the Fireteam.
The DM's role is to supply rapid accurate fire at distances beyond the normal engagement range of the fireteam's riflemen. They are equipped with a DMR or Sniper Rifle, normally attached with a telescopic sight, and have access to all grenades.
Security Forces Edit
|Squads||[A] Assault Squad|
[B] Recon Team
L1A1 SLR (2)
M14 EBR (3)
|Explosive||M18 Smoke (1)|
M67 Frag (2)
|Explosive 2||M18 Smoke (1)|
M67 Frag (2)
|Armor||Light Armor (0)|
Heavy Armor (2)
|Vest||Chest Rig (1)|
Chest Carrier (2)
The Marksman class is equipped with a MICH Ballistic Helmet, a Olive Drab balaclava, Tactical goggles, a Modular Tactical Vest(MTV), and wears a backpack.
Default Loadout Edit
|Category||Model||Attachment(s) or Notes|
|Primary||M14 EBR||C79 Scope, AP Ammo|
|Explosive||M18 Smoke||When >10 supply points|
Weapon Attachments Edit
- The Designated Marksman has access to high powered scopes (Mk4 Scope)
- The Designated Marksman has access to a bipod on the M16A4 and L1A1 SLR
- The Designated Marksman has access to suppressors that can be attached to primary and secondary weapons (Except for the Makarov)
- Foregrips cost 3 supply points for the designated marksman class. Foregrips for the designated marksman class cost more than other classes.
- The helmet on the model is only a cosmetic piece and does not reduce damage in-game.
[Edit]Classes of Insurgency
|Security||Specialist · Rifleman · Breacher · Designated Marksman · Support · Sniper · Recon · Engineer · Demolitions · Grenadier · VIP|
|Insurgents||Specialist · Militant · Fighter · Sapper · Sharpshooter · Machine Gunner · Sniper · Scout · Bomber · Striker · Rocketeer · VIP|