A red dot sight is a common classification for a type of non-magnifying reflector (or reflex) sight for firearms, and other devices that require aiming, that gives the user an aimpoint in the form of an illuminated red dot. The most recognized brand of red dot sights is Aimpoint AB.
"An unmagnified optic for short range engagements."
— In-game description
The red dot sight returns in Insurgency: Sandstorm as the 1x Red Dot. Unlike previous installments, it is based on the Aimpoint CompM4 rather than the CompM2.
- The red dot sight seen in alpha gameplay of Insurgency: Sandstorm was in fact the old CompM2 model from Insurgency with high-res textures.
In Insurgency, the Red Dot Sight is a reflex sight available to the Security faction. It is based off of the Aimpoint series of reflex sights. The Red Dot Sight can be attached to all Security primary weapons in regular play and can also be attached to Insurgent weapons in the CO-OP gamemode. When compared to the Holographic sight, the Red Dot Sight is more suited for mid-long range engagements, due to its smaller reticule and lower peripheral vision with the presence of a scope cover.
- The 2x Red Dot scope and Red Dot sight are nearly identical, with the only difference being a magnifier on the 2x Red Dot Scope.
- The Red Dot sight uses the same model as the 2x Red Dot scope in world view.
- Both variations of the red dot sight share texture files.
- The model of the red dot sight is based on the Aimpoint CompM2.
[Edit]Weapon Attachments of Insurgency
|Optics||Holographic Sight • Kobra Sight • Red Dot • 2x Red Dot • C79 Scope · PO 4x24 • 7x Scope • Mk4 Scope|
|Barrel||Heavy Barrel • Suppressor|
|Underbarrel||Foregrip • Bipod • M203 • GP-25|
|Siderail||Flashlight • Laser Sight|
|Magazine||Drum Magazines • Extended Magazines • Speed Loader|
|Ammo||Standard Ammo • Tracer Ammo • AP Ammo • HP Ammo|
Buckshot • Slugs
Insurgency: Modern Infantry Combat
The Red Dot is an available attachment for the M4A1 for Sergeants. The Red Dot in Insurgency: MIC is based on the Aimpoint CompM2.